In the year 2018, the Ministry of Education (MoE) through MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC) launched the Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) program in collaboration with AICTE for Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) to systematically foster the culture of innovation and start-up ecosystem in education institutions.
IICs’ major role is to engage large number of faculty, students and staff in various innovation and entrepreneurship related activities such as ideation, Problem solving, Proof of Concept development, Design Thinking, IPR, project handling and management at Pre-incubation/Incubation stage, etc., so that innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem gets established and stabilized in HEIs.
The IIC model is designed to address the existing challenges/issues in HEIs such as less numbers, occasional and unplanned Innovation & Entrepreneurship (I&E) activities organized in HEIs with low involvement of top leadership, lack of coherence and absence of synergy in resource mobilization, deployment and underutilization of creative potential of youths as major barrier for vibrant I&E ecosystem to emerge from HEIs.
IIC model is unique and distinct as it integrates the functionalities of flexibility calendar activities, scoring and reward system, decentralizing operation with division of work, progress monitoring and incentive mechanisms in coordinated manner through a robust digital platform.
MAJOR FOCUS OF IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARIIA).
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students.
FUNCTIONS OF IIC
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc with the involvement of industries.
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies.
- Visit new places and learn a new culture.
|Name and Designation||Position|
|Dr. Dinesh Goyal, Director||Head of Institute|
|Dr. Pran Nath Dadhich, Professor (Dept. of Civil Engineering)||President|
|Dr. Gautam Singh, Registrar||Vice President|
|Mr. Manish Bhardwaj, Assistant Professor, (Dept. of Computer Engineering)||Convener|
|Dr. Mukesh Chandra, Associate Professor, (First Year Department)||NIRF Coordinator|
|Dr. Pooja Gupta, Associate Professor (Dept. of Civil Engineering)||Innovation Activity Coordinator|
|Ms. Priyanka Sharma, Assistant Professor (Dept. of Electronics & Comm. Engineering)||ARIIA Coordinator|
|Mr. Mohit Bajpai, Assistant Professor, (First Year Department)||Social Media Coordinator|
|Mr. Arshad Ali, Assistant Professor, (First Year Department)||Start up Activity Coordinator|
|Mr. Udit Mamodia, Assistant Professor, (First Year Department)||IPR Activity Coordinator|
|Mr. Mukul Nama, Assistant Professor, (Dept. of Civil Engineering)||Internship Activity Coordinator|
|Mr. Akhilesh Natani, Director, Appcino Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Jaipur||External Expert|
|Mr. Puneet Mittal, Co-Founder & CEO, Pratham Software, Jaipur||Industrialists/ stakeholders|